511 Traffic & Road Conditions – Check here for construction, delays, detours and more.
State Highway Map – Download a current Minnesota State Highway Map to help in your travels.
Car trip + kids = Fun or Frantic? Will your family arrive at the resort happy and ready to play?? Read these tips on keeping kids busy and happy in the car.
- Toys, Toys, Toys – Bring along a variety of interesting objects and toys. Soft toys that can be strapped to a car seat are best for infants and toddlers. Toys that do not get lost or drop to the floor will help avoid crying bouts.
- Bring out the artist ? Slightly older children will enjoy a lunch box or a show box or even an old briefcase to store toys, paper and crayons. They can store mess-free art products in the box while using the surface of the box as a handy tabletop.
- Scrapbooks ? Compiling and organizing post cards, brochures, and news clipping in the scrapbook will keep kids involved in the trip, while teaching them about where they are going and where they have been. Encourage them to be creative and to write stories and descriptions.
- Point and Shoot ? Buy your child a disposable camera to take pictures during your Mille Lacs area vacation. These reasonably priced cameras can be purchased at just about any store and allow your child to feel like a grown up, helping to capture fun family vacation memories.
- Headphones are a must ? A hand-held cassette/CD player/radio with headphones is almost a necessity for older kids. They can listen to their favorite music while you get a little ?quiet time.? Extra headphone sets are handy for siblings.
Scenic Overlooks & Photo Opportunities
Did you know there are 3 “big” and “mean” walleyes and 1 “massive” muskie around the lake for fabulous photo opportunities? Stop and check them out!
- At the Concourse in the City of Garrison
- 1st National Bank of Milaca in the City of Isle
- Portside Bait & Liquor just north of Isle on Highway 47